Local 130 CBA
PCA Bargaining Rights Form
PCA Membership Form
Consumer Lead Safety Brochure
Drug Free Program
PCA Contract Update (2017)
May 25: Members of the PCA Midwest in attendance at the “Special Meeting” on May 25, 2017 voted in favor of ratifying (accepting) the new Collective Bargaining Agreement with Plumbers Local 130 UA. In addition, the members of Plumbers Local 130 UA ratified the CBA as well at their own "Special Meeting" on May 25, 2017. The effective dates of our new Agreement are June 1, 2017 through May 31, 2020.
Some of the main highlights negotiated on your behalf by our dedicated labor relations team consisting of PCA Midwest President David Ariano, First Vice President Michael Kerrigan, Second Vice President Matt Erickson and Executive Director S.J. Peters include:
- A new “Residential Plumbing Service Agreement” to be introduced effective with the new CBA.
- A new mandatory/voluntary option for PCA Midwest affiliated contractors to individually choose to either include or not include their non-bargained staff in the Drug Free Alliance Program for random/mandatory drug testing.
- The inclusion of stand-alone shift work (eliminating the need for first shift work requirements during normal working hours).
- Wage increases of 2.6% for the next three years ($2.05, $2.10, $2.15) that remain below the industry average of comparable local area construction trade unions ranging as high as 3.3% per year.
The following documents including the wage sheet have been sent out (electronically and via mail) to all of our signatory contractors.
PCA Membership Meeting
The next PCA Membership Meeting will be our annual "June Tour" on Friday, June 9, 2017 at the Leo Nelson Riverside Water Treatment Plant in Elgin, Illinois. This facility treats water from the Fox River and is the source of Elgin’s drinking water. The raw water undergoes a tertiary treatment process, including coagulation/sedimentation, lime softening, chlorination and filtration.
The PCA Midwest will charter a bus to take participants to the plant, although guests can decide to drive on their own. For those taking the bus, we will gather and park at the Sheet Metal Workers Local 73 Hall in Hillside, Illinois and depart for the tour at 9:00 AM. The tour will take place from 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM. Immediately following the tour, we will enjoy lunch at a restaurant/pub called the Elgin Public House. The bus will return to the Sheet Metal Worker’s Local 73 parking lot by 2:00 p.m.
All of the plant tour details including exact locations, times and registration information can be found by clicking here. Space is limited to the first 40 people who register. PCA Midwest members, PCA Midwest Associate members and Plumbing Council Midwest contributing contractors are all invited to participate in the tour. All registration forms (submitted online or by fax or email) must be returned to the PCA Midwest office by no later than Friday, June 2, 2017.
Click here to register or contact Barb Bigelow at the PCA Midwest office at 312-563-9526 or by email at .
- NBC 5 Report on Unlicensed "Angie's List" Contractors
- IL Workers Compensation Rates for 2017
- IDPH Illinois Plumbing Code
- Revisions to the IL Plumbers Licensing Code
- IDPH Illinois Plumbing Code Ordinance Approvals
- Chicago Water Dept. Water Service Fees (2016)
- Bonding Over Lien Claims (2016)
- Chicago Water Code Amendments (2015)
- Unfunded Liability
- Summary of New IL State Plumbing Code
- Chicago Plumbing Code