Date: Wednesday, September 5, 2018
UA Local 130 JAC Training Center
1400 W. Washington Blvd, Chicago, IL
Tour: 4:30 p.m
Reception: 5:30 p.m.
Dinner & Program: 6:45 p.m.
Helping to Reduce Your Labor Costs and Preparing Our Future Union Workforce: The Real Values of Hiring UA Local 130 JAC Apprentices
Join your fellow PCA Midwest and Plumbing Council contractors on Wednesday, September 5, 2018 as we highlight the value of employing the next generation of highly-trained and cost-effective UA Local 130 JAC apprentices.
Our affiliated plumbing contractors who currently hire UA Local 130 JAC apprentices will share their insights on working with the Training Centers (Chicago, Volo and Joliet) and delve into how their apprentices save them money on their overall crew costs.
Our contractors who don’t yet do so will learn the top reasons why they should consider maintaining a core group of UA Local 130 JAC apprentices on their payroll, plus find out how the apprenticeship application process works and what curriculum is now in place to train the union plumbing apprentices on the latest tools, technology and advanced water conservation systems being used in our industry.
In addition, we will also offer everyone the chance to tour the UA Local 130 JAC Training Center Chicago Campus (opened in 2017) prior to the meeting and provide all attendees with a catered dinner and evening reception.
PCA Midwest/Plumbing Council Membership Meeting Program Highlights:
- PCA Midwest President Mike Kerrigan (Opening Remarks)
- UA Plumbers’ Local 130 JAC Training Director (Chicago) Jim Majerowicz (JAC Curriculum Review)
- PCA Midwest 1st V.P. and Local 130 JAC Treasurer Matt Erickson (JAC Report)
- Invited Panel Discussion Contractors: Aleck Plumbing, Inc.; Another Plumbing Company, LLC; Ewing-Doherty Mechanical, Inc.; F.E. Moran, Inc.; John Baethke & Son Plumbing, Inc.; and Terry Plumbing Co.
- Panel Discussion Moderators: Mike Kerrigan, Matt Erickson & S.J. Peters
- UA Local 130 Business Manager & JAC Co-Chair Jim Coyne (UA Report)
- PCA Midwest/Plumbing Council Executive Director S.J. Peters (Closing Remarks)
If you have any specific union apprenticeship topics or concerns that you would like to have addressed at this meeting, please contact the PCA Midwest office at 312-563-9526 or email our Communications and Public Affairs Director Jeff Weiss at .
*Please note: This Wednesday meeting will replace our September membership meeting traditionally held on the second Tuesday of the month at the Erie Café. This change is due to a prior scheduling conflict with our Board and to accommodate UA Local 130 Officers and JAC staff. In addition, the PCA Midwest Board (2019 term) nominating committee will be appointed/named at this meeting.
Get involved in the PCA Midwest and attend this month’s membership meeting!
Register the following people: